Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, October 9, 2011

HONGKONG FASHION WEEK 2011/2012

HONGKONG FASHION WEEK
Fashion week just finished up in Hong Kong. I don't know much about it (out of town), but my impression is that it's very different than fashion weeks in other lands. For one thing, the main focus seems to be garment sourcing, buying, etc... but I may be mistaken.

However, the upside is that we get to see runway shows of brands from our everyday lives! One of my favorites is Moiselle - a very chic, feminine brand with stores all over the place (my fave location: right above Ikea!). Think of it as a girlier Club Monaco, with none of the edge. I have a great collection of staple dresses from Moiselle, and from the looks of their F/W 2011 collection, it seems like I might be adding to it very soon...

White ruffles? Sign me up! (especially loving the second from the right - perfect reception/rehearsal dinner dress, no?)















This looks more like resort than F/W, but it's pretty much tropical in HK year-round, so I won't fault them. Love the vintage feel and (hopefully!) chiffon of the dress on the left! The one on the right, unfortunately, feels a little too Little J to me.















Love love love the ensemble on the left - sculptural white dress with giant brown leather bow belt. I'm also digging the tropical print on the right.















As for the other designers, I hadn't exactly heard of them. This is Ika Butoni's line: On the desert road to Alexandria. A bit too literal for me.















Cute knits from Coney Ko. The first seasonally appropriate ensembles :)


No comments:

Post a Comment